Friday, April 15, 2011

ZEISS IKON SUPER IKONTA B.( Z530 /16 )


Ian Gabriel Nance-Cardona (left) April 6, 2011.



Launched in 1929. That would of made my dad 1 years old when this camera came out. Wow! My Aunt Vicki and Uncle John, left me a camera that was maybe used once before i had the opportunity to shoot some photos in 2011. The camera has its own leather case, another leather bag. I have the manual, one in English, and one in German. There's a flash, and a few other different pieces it came with. I look forward to keep this camera and passing it down in the family tree. One of a kind, Vintage in Mint Condition. 120 medium format black/white film is still very much available. The processing is usually about $7.00. To have the photos turned on to a cd is more. (actual camera in photo). 

1 comment:

Simon W said...

Although Zeiss Ikon was created (as a company) in 1926, what you have is a post-War Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta 532/16 - I would estimate year of production bewteen late 1940s and mid-1950s. The give away is the lens measured in "mm" (millimetres), only post-War Carl Zeiss lenses had their focal length measured in "mm" (previouly they used centimetres ("cm")).

http://www.quimtime.com for more information

Quimtime Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    FAM BASE